Are you looking for a way to increase your home value, and improve your living space, without spending a lot of money? Proper lighting can enhance both the functionality and aesthetic appeal of virtually any room. And in the eyes of homeowners, buyers, and real estate professionals, lighting and fixtures are often worth a pretty penny. Light makes a room inviting, highlights details, brings warmth and creates energy, making a space feel like home.
For a simple start, considering replacing lightbulbs with LED lightbulbs. An investment in LED lightbulbs will ultimately save you electricity. There are many benefits to environmental benefits to LED bulbs, but as a homeowner the aesthetic benefit is the ability to brighten a room, or provide a directional light source. Another bonus is they last longer, so you will not have climb up on that ladder or chair as often. Keep in mind that not all light fixtures should use LEDs.
New Light Fixtures
For homeowners willing to invest additional dollars consider replacing or adding light fixtures. New light fixtures are a great way to change the look of a room without investing a lot of time and money. Here are some fixture tips:
- In the kitchen, add simple pendant fixtures with cleans lines. They will not overpower the overall design.
- Don’t have an island in the kitchen, opt for a clean and modern chandelier.
- Edison Bulbs are trending, but keep in mind they aren’t energy efficient.
- For kitchens and baths, ensure light fixtures match the metal of your faucet and cabinet knobs.
- Improve the appearance of recessed lights by changing the trim.
- Add an under-cabinet LED light bar or rope lights.
- If you have glass front cabinetry, considering adding in cabinet lighting.
Ready for a project bigger than lighting and fixtures, maybe a complete room remodel? Give Gebel & Sons Remodeling a call at 636-458-3832.